06 June 2007

A Day With Each Other

Yesterday was not the best of days, but my marvelous, loving husband Dean did everything he could to make it better. We met for a food court lunch and a little bit of retail therapy at our favourite shopping centre.

For my 30th birthday, we're headed down to Tasmania for a bit of time away. However, in my not-so-great wisdom, I left all my winter gear at home in Indianapolis. So, since it's been snowing in Hobart, it was necessary to get a jumper. Dean found a lovely, warm cardigan for me at the store where he's on the VIP list. (Trust me, the VIP thing is not a snooty deal - it's a discount deal! However, since they know us by name in there now, it is a bit of a worry. Actually, maybe that's just a Queensland customer service thing. That's the second store that actually "knows" us.)

After work, my darling came home and said, "I want to take my wife out." So, we headed down to Portside for dinner and a movie. We decided to check out Dendy Cinemas for their offering of arthouse type shows. (I had learned that I really enjoyed those type of films thanks to a couple of exhibitions at Nova in Carlton (Melbourne) with the beloved aunt & uncle and Stone Family.) We weren't sure what to see and the gal at the counter was torn for us when we asked between a couple of different flicks. In the end, another movie-goer came up and told us one movie was really sad, so we decided on the other - an Australian flick, Noise. (It was an interesting film - kind of a whodunit meets search for the meaning of life.)

Before the movie, we were going to head over a little, local italian place for dinner. However, when we stepped outside the cinemas it was pouring down with rain! Rain, glorious rain!!! (In case you are unaware, there is a drought occuring in this part of Queensland. Lucky for all of us, the rain has continued all not and into today!)

For more than one reason, the rain was a good thing. We redirected ourselves to the Japanese restaurant across the hall from the cinemas. What a treat! The service was great, the foood was wonderful and we couldn't get over the entire presentation. We were impressed!

We wrapped up the night with the movie, browsing the leaflets and finding another we'd like to see later this month. Isn't Dean wonderful??? :-)

1 comment:

Amy Y said...

I'm sorry that you had a bad day but happy that your Honey cheered you up. Go Dean!! Retail therapy is always a nice treat, as well as yummy Japanese food... Mmmmm :) Hope the rest of your week gets better!